Here’s Part 2 Of How To Make A Memorable Video That Is Highly Viewed. These Tips Will Get You More Views And Help Build Your Brand. Don’t Forget To Review Steps 1-5 Below This Post.
6. Be weirder than weird. It’s always fascinating to watch weirdness and try to figure out why someone did something so odd. YouTube is a great place to do this and people love to share these “freaky weird” videos. If your brand is brave enough to go this route, it can pay off significantly because viewers will appreciate the risk your brand took to entertain them. Maverick brands that create this type of content can attract some of the strongest, most die-hard advocates on earth. Just remember to make sure that in all of its video weirdness, you understand who your audience is, you have an underlying brand message, or you’re willing to have the weirdness “sponsored” by your brand. As brands become facilitators of entertainment, it’s ok to simply be a curator or sponsor of content.
7. Put a prank or stunt in it. If you can pull off an amazing stunt or prank that people believe is real, or it looks so cool they excuse the slight of hand used to seam it together you can get major views as debates ignite over if it was real or not.
8. Put babies or really cute kids in it. Especially if the target audience is female, or better yet, mothers, your brand will win going this route. But again, it needs to feel honest, sweet or just captured as a sincere moment of life. If you can’t pull honest, sweet or sincere off perfectly, go with funny and still put babies in it.
9. Make it Beautiful. Get out your brand-building wallet and support a visually stunning, cinematic masterpiece with an amazing music score that explains what your brand stands for. No matter how busy and fast-paced our corner-cutting society becomes, people will take notice. There is something so eloquent in a great piece of film that has been crafted to show the world in a different, more beautiful light; Something that gets people to slow down, watch, appreciate and share (hint: sometimes that “thing” is the beauty of seeing the world in slow-motion).
10. Advertise and Promote your Video. Yes, that’s right, you can actually do a paid YouTube media buy for your video. And you can be very specific with who it’s served to and where they are geographically. How dare I suggest that you do a media buy for your video on YouTube? After all, it’s supposed to be this place where your video just gets all these free impression from people dying to watch what you created. But even with all the outlined video strategies, there’s no guarantee that any video you do will go viral. Remember your video will be competing against all the great video content that doesn’t have a brand message or any standards to uphold. These videos are the ones that often go viral and get millions of views because they really don’t have any other motive than to entertain. So why not, as a brand, pay to have your video shown “pre-roll” to another video? Or have it show up in Recommended Videos sidebar. And what might be the best deal around is that with a YouTube media buy, you can pick up thousands of brand impressions for nothing. Think of it as a sort of “value-add” to your media by if you set it up right.
As for promoting your video, you’ll want to do more than post it to your company Facebook page. You’ll want to dedicate a budget to a true PR effort aimed at blogs in your industry. If you can get a few good blogs to pay attention and push it out to their subscribers, you can gain 30,000 views overnight. And if your video has mainstream appeal or something unique and funny in it, then you need to put the effort into having it picked up by mainstream entertainment and news sites like Buzzfeed and Digg.
Whatever type of video you end up creating, chances are it won’t go viral on its own. It has to be good, and it has to be promoted.